Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
简介PARIS -- Pulling an all-nighter to make gimbap and kimchi pancakes was the highlight of the year for ...
PARIS -- Pulling an all-nighter to make gimbap and kimchi pancakes was the highlight of the year for four members of “Bulkkot,” a club of students enrolled in the Korean Studies department of the National Institute for Oriental Languages and Civilizations, also known as Inalco in Paris.
Meaning “flame” in Korea, the recently-established students’ association has just five members now, but its passion easily surpasses that of much bigger organizations.
The group pulled off a Korean culture day event earlier this year, where they sold the food they prepared all night long.
“We almost didn’t sleep to make gimbap to sell,” Sandra, a third year Korean Studies student and Bulkkot member, said at a cafe near her school on Sept. 25.
Kayya, a freshman who leads Bulkkot as its president, said the process of preparing the event itself was an “adventure.”
“It involved 8 kilograms of kimchi for lots of kimchi jeon (pancakes). We want to make it bigger for the next event” she exclaimed.
When pianist Kim Song-hyeon participated in the Isangyun Competition in early November, he saw the w ...
이재명 더불어민주당 대표의 1년간에 걸친 ‘방탄 공성전(攻城戰)’은 결국 내부에서 무너졌다.국회는 21일 본회의에서 이 대표 체포동의안을 무기명 표결에 부쳐 찬성 149표, 반대 ...
The Financial Supervisory Service, South Korea's primary financial regulatory body, has issued ...
S. Korea logs current account surplus for 6th month in October
FSS issues advisories to fisheries cooperatives federation for W50b investment loss
[이번 주 리뷰]美 Fed 기준금리 동결…이재명 체포동의안 가결(18~23일)
야당 29명 반란, 이재명 방탄 뚫렸다
Hanwha Aerospace lands W3.2tr tank supply deal with Australia
한동훈, 체포안 설명 8분 넘기자…“짧게 합시다” “왜 이리 시끄럽냐”
- 한동훈 “나는 스타장관 아니다, 여당 아닌 야당이 날 띄우는 것"
- [From the Scene] Incheon Airport goes global to Batam, Indonesia
- [Korean History] In 2008, Korea's National Treasure No. 1 went down in flames
- SK, Hilleman team up to develop next
- S. Korea, Britain forge strategic partnership on ODA projects
- Ready meals gain attention at 2023 Coex Food Week
- PKM Gallery sheds light on Toby Ziegler, Kwon Jin
- 이상민 “민주당 지도부 아무도 연락 없어, 어느 정도 마음 정했다”
- 김웅 “한동훈, 돌 좀 맞고 욕먹더라도 강남 3구서 출마해야”
- [Photo News] Sisters acting on stage
- Yoon plans state visits to UK, Netherlands later this year
- Film director Jung Byung
- Foreigners ditch sluggish Korean stocks
- [Herald Interview] S&P economist tells Korea to brace for worst
- 외교부, 이스라엘 전역 여행경보 ‘특별여행주의보’ 발령
- Seoul shares open lower on Fed, growth woes
- Death toll from Afghan quakes rises to more than 2,000
- KCON Saudi Arabia 2023 attracts 23,000 K
- S. Korean women dominate recurve archery at Asian Games
- Satellite imagery highlights 'dramatic' increase in N. Korea
- Ive kicks off first world tour, 'Show What I Have'
- S. Korea holds rare military parade, warns NK against nuclear attack
- Seoul prepares for first major military parade in ten years
- NK sports broadcast labels S. Korea ‘puppets'
- [Photo News] Floral Butterfly
- 보란듯 제재 무시하며 국제법 준수?…김정은 활용하는 푸틴의 속내는
- Questions remain after passage of anonymous birth bill
- Young swimmer enjoys self
- Subway fare in greater Seoul rises to 1,400 won
- N. Korean envoy vows stronger 'self