One Store attracts W20b from Krafton
简介South Korea’s mobile app store operator One Store said Tuesday that it has secured an investment wor ...
South Korea’s mobile app store operator One Store said Tuesday that it has secured an investment worth 20 billion won ($14.7 million) from Krafton, one of the country’s major game developers.
Krafton said it made the investment decision to broaden its understanding of the global game market through One Store's overseas expansion. They did not disclose the size of the stake that Krafton had taken.
One Store was jointly developed by Korean telecommunication giants SK Telecom and KT Corp. and LG Uplus, along with the country’s internet giant Naver. It provides diverse entertainment content, including games, movies and web novels on its mobile app platform.
Earlier, One Store forged global partnerships with Microsoft and Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners, an investment arm of Deutsche Telekom, receiving investments worth $15 million in 2021.
The latest investment is expected to deliver momentum to One Store’s planned overseas venture.
“This investment decision goes beyond simple financial investment as it will help enhance our global competitiveness," said One Store CEO Jeon Dong-jin.
“Having started off as a domestic app store operator, we are ready to join the global race to evolve into a No. 1 global app platform.”
As Europe and the US are tightening regulations on global tech companies, such as Apple, to foster a more competitive and fairer digital ecosystem, a third app marketplace such as One Store has garnered renewed importance as an alternative player in the global race.
To lay the foundations for its overseas foray, One Store appointed Lee Ki-hyuck, an expert in foreign investment, as its chief financial officer in July. Lee is to actively attract strategic investments and funding.
Additionally, its parent SK Square has been continuously funding to enhance One Store's value chain.
When pianist Kim Song-hyeon participated in the Isangyun Competition in early November, he saw the w ...
Prime Minister Han Duck-soo made an official visit to Denmark as part of his four-nation European tr ...
Choi Se-yeong, a student at Gimhae Bunsung High School, delivered congratulatory remarks for The Kor ...
- S. Korea logs current account surplus for 6th month in October
- N. Korea's Kim, Putin exchange congratulatory messages marking 75th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- Hanwha at forefront of Korea’s space leadership
- Dawn begins mandatory military service
- 1,000 retired couples receive W3m in combined pension
- S. Korea keeping close tabs on reported repatriation of N.K. defectors from China: minister
- Jungkook welcomes 'golden moment' of his life with 1st solo album
- Yangjae Flower Festa kicks off Friday
- 美 ICBM '미니트맨
- Police turn to AI to predict crimes, drug tracking
- Pak Kyongni Prize winner Christoph Ransmayr says literature sparks imagination, breaks biases
- [긴급진단] 서울 인구 이미 부산의 3배…지역균형발전 포기할 텐가
- 美 ICBM '미니트맨
- Jungkook, Red Velvet, Stray Kids, new YG girl group among year
- Exports log first rise in 13 months in sign of trade recovery for Korea
- Israeli military jets strike Gaza, says Hamas commander killed
- [Today’s K
- Hyundai Motor partners with IUCN for forest project in Vietnam
- Seoul shares snap 3
- S. Korea to complete LSD vaccinations by early Nov.: ministry
- Defense chief, US envoy discuss joint efforts to deter N. Korean threats
- 이재명, 여·야·정 3자 회동 제안…"바지사장 아닌 尹 직접 나서야"
- Italian, Egyptian, Taiwanese, Japanese webtoonists to attend Busan Webtoon Festival
- FNC to debut new boy band Ampers&One on Nov. 15
- Enhypen's 'Fate' tour draws 85,000 fans in the US
- Crowd crush victims forced to cope alone
- [Korean History] 'Yonsama' fans trailblaze Hallyu in Japan
- LG Chem opens research center in US
- The Boyz to return next month with new album
- [Herald Interview] Saudi Arabia seeks to engage with world through Diriyah Contemporary Art Biennale
- [사진] 빈 살만 운전 자청, 윤 대통령 동행
- 이준석, 유승민과 창당설에 “배제 안 한다…한다면 비례 신당은 아냐”
- Rich culture of masks in Korea, Japan and China on show at Folk Museum
- 美연구소 "北, 러에 보낸 포탄은 50만 발…한 달 사용 분량"
- Business sentiment falls in S. Korea over Middle East tensions: poll
- N. Korea to close its embassy in Uganda: report