S. Korea maintaining stable LNG supply amid Israel
简介South Korea maintains a steady supply of liquefied natural gas and is actively preparing for potenti ...
South Korea maintains a steady supply of liquefied natural gas and is actively preparing for potential contingencies amid Middle East geopolitical uncertainties, the industry ministry said Tuesday.
"There have been concerns over the supply of gas following the Israel-Hamas incident amid the lingering war between Russia and Ukraine, but the supply currently remains stable," Director-General for Resource Policy Ryu Peob-min said during a meeting with industry officials.
"However, in the event of a further escalation of the Israel-Hamas situation, we cannot rule out its potential impact on the domestic supply. We are committed to remaining vigilant and thoroughly preparing for an emergency," he added.
During the meeting, the state-run Korea Gas Corp. noted that the country is maintaining LNG reserves at maximum capacity, with the supply anticipated to remain stable through the end of March.
The government plans to hold regular meetings with KOGAS and other LNG importers to maintain a stable supply of the resource, the ministry added. (Yonhap)
조선중앙TV는 지난 3월 8일 개최된 인민군 창건 75주년 기념 열병식 녹화중계에서 김정은 국무위원장과 '백두산 군마등정'을 한 백마를 공개했다. 중앙TV는 "우리 원수님 백두전구 ...
The Korean Federation of Community Credit Cooperatives, the nation’s leading mutual financial instit ...
South Korea's major companies performed far worse than their US counterparts in the first half ...
- Court clears cabbie in death of passenger who jumped out of moving taxi
- Seoul reviews scenarios for restoring guard posts in DMZ
- 정부, GP 복원 계획…김태효 "北 무장에 가만히 있으면 안된다"
- 'Do not open plane doors' warning mandated for planes in flight
- South Korea warns tit
- Daily Sports Hankook hopes to help stengthen Korea
- Korea to showcase advanced climate technologies at COP28 Dubai
- Music industry seeks solution to ticket scalping through public discussion
- KT SAT to adopt Starlink for enhanced maritime internet
- Korean Air orders 20 Airbus A321neo aircraft
- Yoon's approval rating falls for first time in 3 weeks to 34.7%
- Top chefs gather to create innovative dishes with Korean ingredients
- KBS ‘Goryeo
- [Herald Interview] Singer
- ‘Feminist’ and ‘mama’s boy’ make the least desirable dates in Korea, survey finds
- Hanwha Ocean to raise capital for wind power business
- STX to supply lithium with South American partners
- 사법공백 두달…대법원장 후보 조희대 지명
- Korea Artist Prize returns after overhaul
- CATL reduces gap with LG Energy Solution
- 노조에 파업 손배 청구 힘들어져…재계, 노란봉투법 통과 강력 반발
- [Today’s K
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Buddhism scholar committed to expanding Korean studies at Yale
- 49th Seoul Independent Film Festival aims to encourage indie filmmakers working in tough times
- Berliner Philharmoniker visits Seoul for first time in 6 years, joined by Cho Seong
- 이동관 탄핵땐 방통위 1명 남아, 방송 재승인·재허가 올스톱
- [From the Scene] 20
- [Herald Interview] Kiss of Life continues to describe different aspects of freedom through music
- [Herald Review] 'Different, but in harmony'
- AI in your pocket: Samsung Galaxy S to feature real