Seoul shares open higher ahead of Nvidia results
简介Seoul shares opened higher Tuesday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, as investors await earn ...
Seoul shares opened higher Tuesday, tracking overnight gains on Wall Street, as investors await earnings results from AI chip leader Nvidia and other US tech firms.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index rose 19.92 points, or 0.8 percent, to 2,511.12 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
Overnight, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6 percent to 35,151.04, and the tech-rich NASDAQ added 1.1 percent to 14,284.53.
Nvidia is set to release quarterly results on Tuesday on the back of strong demand for generative AI.
In Seoul, tech, auto and energy stocks led gains.
Market bellwether Samsung Electronics rose 0.6 percent, No. 2 chipmaker SK hynix climbed 1.3 percent, top carmaker Hyundai Motor gained 0.3 percent and leading car battery maker LG Energy Solution was up 0.6 percent.
Among decliners, the country's sole aircraft manufacturer Korea Aerospace Industries fell 0.3 percent and leading cosmetics firm Amorepacific shed 0.4 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,287.25 won against the US dollar, up 4.4 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
SK Group said Sunday it has formed an alliance with Korean energy firms and business groups to expan ...
The basic fare for the subway in the Seoul metropolitan area has gone up by 150 won (US$0.11) to 1,4 ...
The National Assembly on Friday passed a bill allowing women to give birth anonymously at hospitals ...
- [Photo News] Mudeungsan fully opens door to public after 57 years
- Sabre fencer, swimming relay team eye historic medals
- Golden apples: Why fruit prices are national issue in early autumn
- Apple to launch iPhone15 series in S. Korea on Oct. 13
- S. Korea, US conduct underwater search operation for downed jet, Korean War remains
- Gangwon Forestry Exhibition 2023 kicks off in Korea's 'forest capital'
- [Herald Interview] ‘Another Body,’ a riveting documentary on devasting effects of deepfake porn
- From traditional to trendy, three of Seoul's top yukhoe spots
- [Test Drive] Toyota’s minivan Alphard boasts sedanlike drive
- LIG Nex1 acquires majority stake in Ghost Robotics
- LG's new research promises potential for 900km
- [Herald Interview] Singer Yun Hee
- SK Group creates carbon credit alliance
- Fragile yet strong, G Gallery's 'Thick Skin' showcases two emerging artists
- '삐뽀삐뽀 119' 하정훈도 국힘 간다…이수정 등 5명 합류 확정
- Korea’s go
- 안희정, 복귀 시동?…"이제 죄인 아니다" 지지자들과 양평 1박2일
- Footballer Hwang's sister
- BTS’ V to star IU’s new music video next year
- [Rising Virtuosos] Multitalented pianist Kim Song
- US trade body finds no patent breaches by Samsung over digital signage: sources
- 'The Glory' notches two accolades at AACA including best drama series award
- LG Energy Solution to supply EV battery modules to Poland's ICPT
- [Weekender] [K
- SK carries out complete reshuffle of top brass
- Yoon travels to Netherlands for chip allaince, strategic partnership
- China's consumer prices hit 3
- S. Korea determined to become tourism powerhouse