NTCK to celebrate 100th Seoul performance of ‘The Orphan of Zhao’
简介The National Theater Company of Korea is set to captivate audiences once more with its signature pro ...
The National Theater Company of Korea is set to captivate audiences once more with its signature production, "The Orphan of Zhao: Seeds of Revenge," returning with its sixth run at the Myeongdong Theater in central Seoul from Nov. 30 to Dec. 25.
Premiered in 2015, “The Orphan of Zhao” is a reinterpretation of the Chinese "Zaju" drama script of the same title, written by the Yuan Dynasty playwright Ji Junxiang. Among the six Zaju plays he wrote, “The Orphan of Zhao” is the only surviving example.
Often referred to as the Chinese “Hamlet” because of its theme of revenge, the tragedy has been adapted by director Koh Sun-woong, who focused the narrative on the man who sacrifices his only child to save the "seed of revenge."
DS Dansuk, South Korea’s resource recycling company, on Friday threw its hat into the ring as the la ...
A South Korean family, who fled the besieged Gaza Strip to Egypt, left for Seoul earlier this week.T ...
The Mayplace Hotel, situated in the heart of Seoul in Jongno-gu, has announced a special promotional ...
- 4 contentious bills scrapped in revote after Yoon's veto
- Fugitive caught 3 days after escape from hospital
- Samsung family to sell stakes worth W2.6tr to pay tax
- SK Ecoplant to supply advanced fuel cells to Irish data center
- Hyundai, Kia's combined exports set to hit 2 mln in 2023
- Without light, Lightwalk will not be architecture: Dominique Perrault
US trade body finds no patent breaches by Samsung over digital signage: sources
CJ debuts K
Samsung family members selling W2.6 trillion worth of shares to cover inheritance taxes
Two Koreas race to launch first homegrown military spy satellites
SK Group creates carbon credit alliance
BAT design chief stresses responsible design
- Welcome Daehakro Festival lights up Seoul's stage hub
- Over 1,300 rescue workers still traumatized by Itaewon Halloween tragedy
- 윤 대통령 “국민소통·현장소통·당정소통 강화하라”
- S.Korea's largest
- 탄약 찾는 러…국방부 "北컨테이너 적재량, 포탄 수십만발 분량"
- FSC lays out plan to boost pet insurance enrollment
- 北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…내달 18~19일 방문
- Hyundai Rotem to showcase new ground weapons systems at Seoul expo
- TvN Sports, CGV to screen Bundesliga’s first ‘Korean derby’
- SC Bank Korea CEO nominated for fourth term
- Global Kimchi Day declared
- Resale tickets for League of Legends World Championship go up to 3 million won
- 전문가 “북 중거리미사일 고체연료엔진, 러시아 기술 가능성”
- IMF calls for restrictive monetary policy for S. Korea 'for considerable time' to tame inflation
- Team carries out Korea's first successful uterus transplant
- Samyang post record sales on China's Singles Day
- First snow of winter falls in Seoul
- LG to debut EV chargers in US next year
- SM to launch boy group in the UK
- Yoon calls for enhancing connectivity of world economy with APEC at center
- SK hynix wins 2023 R&D 100 Awards
- 'Fuerza Bruta Wayra' returns to Seoul
- Yoon, Japan's Kishida agree to cooperate in hydrogen sector
- 윤희숙 "20여년 억대 연봉 송영길이 돈 없다? 못된 버릇 때문"
- Seoul shares open nearly flat despite US gains
- Han Kang says her historical novels were a literary resistance against violence
- KB approves of Yang Jong
- 한총리, 공공기관 전산망 마비에 “인력·장비 총동원 신속복구” 지시
- Dancers say Street Woman Fighter 2 made dance more approachable
- PM envisions Busan World Expo's role in sharing 'rise from ashes' experience