HiteJinro to produce soju in Vietnam
简介South Korean liquor giant HiteJinro said Monday it is building the company's first overseas man ...
South Korean liquor giant HiteJinro said Monday it is building the company's first overseas manufacturing plant in Vietnam, riding high on the growing popularity of the nation's distilled spirit abroad.
According to HiteJinro Singapore, the company confirmed a sublease agreement with the Green I-Park Industrial Complex in Vietnam's Thai Binh province to establish HiteJinro’s new soju manufacturing plant at the site. HiteJinro Singapore is HiteJinro’s affiliate newly established in September in charge of supervising the soju maker’s overseas business.
Specifics such as the size of the investment and the time of completion were not yet released.
The company said its decision to build its first overseas production base came against the backdrop of the continuous increase in soju's popularity globally.
“HiteJinro’s soju exports have been increasing by 15 percent annually. The growth is expected to continue its upward trend, and overseas soju sales are expected to more than triple in the next 10 years compared to 2022,” said an official from HiteJinro.
In 2022, about 6 percent of HiteJinro’s sales, or 145 billion won ($106 million), came from abroad, with soju sales making up more than 80 percent of the total.
HiteJinro Singapore especially cited Vietnam's geographical location, cheap local prices, logistics accessibility and potential manpower as the prime reasons for building its first overseas production facility in the country.
“In particular, Thai Binh province, located in northern Vietnam, is adjacent to Vietnam's capital Hanoi, and has well-equipped infrastructure such as international airports, ports and coastal roads. The proportion of the working-age population also amounts to about 1.14 million, accounting for 57 percent of the total population of Thai Binh Province,” said an official from HiteJinro.
According to market research firm Markets Globe, the global soju market volume is estimated to reach 4.9 trillion won by 2029. As of 2022, the market is valued at 4.2 trillion won.
“HiteJinro’s production base in Vietnam is expected to function as a bridgehead for HiteJinro’s globalization of soju,” said Hwang Jung-ho, the head of HiteJinro Singapore.
OPEC members are pushing against attempts to include language on "phasing out" fossil fuels in a UN ...
이재명 더불어민주당 대표가 지난달 27일 구속 영장이 기각돼 경기 의왕시 서울구치소를 나선 후 소회를 밝히고 있다. 사진 공동취재단더불어민주당이 백현동 개발 특혜 의혹과 관련해 이 ...
President Yoon Suk Yeol said Friday that the increasing pace of exchanges between South Korea and Ja ...
LIG Nex1 acquires majority stake in Ghost Robotics
[Herald Interview] Samuel Youn celebrates career in ‘From Darkness to Light’
S Korea, UAE to hold aviation talks over potential increase in bilateral flights
Le Sserafim becomes house ambassadors for Louis Vuitton
Hanwha Aerospace lands W3.2tr tank supply deal with Australia
“北, 무단철거 금강산 골프장서 옥수수 건조”
- Prospects of Yoon's formal meeting with Xi uncertain: Yoon's office
- US renews concerns over N. Korea
- S. Korea issues navigation warning amid planned N.K. rocket launch
- Seoul shares open higher ahead of Nvidia results
- Seoul Philharmonic's new music director van Zweden to focus on Mahler, collaborations
- Exports gain 2.2% from Nov. 1
- 60조 역대급 세수 펑크에도…여야, 국회 운영비 364억 증액 합의
- 추미애 "尹대통령 지지율 30%대 받쳐주는 철벽통들이 있다"
- S. Korean battery makers' R&D investment up 12.5% in Jan.
- EcoPro, SK Ecoplant to build EV battery recycling plant in Hungary
- Korea, Japan airport operators hold first post
- 文정부는 꺼려한 유엔사…참모부 '주도적 역할' 참여 추진
- S. Korean literary giant Hwang Sok
- Seoul shares down amid possible US government shutdown woes
- S. Korean shares close higher ahead of US inflation data
- British interdisciplinary artist Jane Benson turns literary texts into art
- Weak won pushes import prices up in October
- [Herald Interview] Inaugural meeting maps UNC 2.0 amid shifting security dynamics
- LG Twins capture 1st Korean Series title in 29 years
- Business groups condemn labor union immunity bill
- Ruling party urges Yoon to veto opposition
- 홍익표, 조국 총선 출마설에 “조만간 뵙고 말씀 들을 것”
- KBS determined to regain public trust
- JYP to 'take K
- [Our Museums] Seek hidden tales of Korean masks at Hahoe Mask Museum
- Business groups demand more flexible working hour system
- Seoul Metropolitan Traditional Orchestra meets electronic beats
- SK hynix starts supply of world’s fastest mobile DRAM for China's Vivo
- 19 S. Koreans held captive in Myanmar freed: ministry
- SK On to furlough workers, cut production at US plant