Hyundai, Kia's combined exports set to hit 2 mln in 2023
简介Hyundai Motor Co., South Korea's top carmaker, and its sister company, Kia Corp., are set to po ...
Hyundai Motor Co., South Korea's top carmaker, and its sister company, Kia Corp., are set to post combined exports of 2 million units in 2023, data showed Sunday, on the back of the post-pandemic market recovery.
Hyundai and Kia shipped 945,062 and 867,136 respective units of automobiles over the January-October period, according to the Korea Automobile & Mobility Association.
The combined figure represented a 17.5 percent rise from the same period in 2022, the data showed.
Considering the monthly shipments of 180,000 units by the two carmakers, industry officials anticipate that their overseas sales for all of 2023 will exceed 2 million units for the first time since 2016.
"The increase came after the group expanded domestic production capabilities to address the rising demand for eco-friendly cars around the globe," a Hyundai Motor Group official said.
The combined value of exports also reached $43.9 billion over the January-October period, data showed, already beating the previous year's combined shipments worth $41.5 billion.
The average price of cars sold came to $24,000, up 68 percent from $14,000 tallied in 2016. (Yonhap)
In a studio that became the home ground for jazz singer Yun hee-jung for 30 years, concert posters, ...
북한 노동당 기관지 노동신문은 15일 ″새형의 중거리탄도미사일용 대출력 고체연료 발동기(엔진)의 첫 지상분출시험을 11월11일에, 2계단 발동기의 첫 지상분출시험을 11월14일에 ...
FNC Entertainment’s new boy group Ampers&one set its foot on the K-pop scene on Wednesday with their ...
- Central Asia, S. Korea pledge to strengthen youth cooperation
- Two Koreas race to launch first homegrown military spy satellites
- [Bills in Focus] Broader offshore financial support, mobility regulatory sandbox
- LG Electronics opens Alaskan lab to develop HVAC tech in extreme weather
- [Test Drive] Upgraded Polestar 2 dons Iron Man mask
- Former justice minister hints at parliamentary bid as 'nonlegal' route for redemption
- 'Oh, Jejudo' by Hyun Ki
- Korea suspends stock short selling until start of July 2024
- 尹대통령 “군장병 확고한 국가관·대적관 안보대세 가져야”
- Cold weather arrives after nationwide rain
- 판 커진 구청장 선거…민주당 크게 이겼다
- Samsung Electronics tips Q3 operating profit to plunge 78% on semiconductor losses
- Aespa to return with 4th EP ‘Drama’ next month
- [HIT Forum]Space forum sees opportunities beyond our 'pale blue dot'
- [New on scene] Kim Chang
- 강서구청장 12시 투표율 11.4%…직전 지선보다 2.9%p 낮아
- [Korean History] In 2003's Daegu, disaster plays out underground
- The ruling party vows extraordinary measures to win back people's trust after crushing by
- USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier to arrive in Busan this week
- Viviz to drop 4th EP ‘Versus’ next month
- 문 정부, 셀트리온에 코로나 R&D 예산 522억 몰아줬다
- Science minister welcomes HIT forum on space economy
- The 2023 Seoul Fantastic Beer Festival
- Lee Hyori returns with 1st new song in 6 years
- Appeals court upholds 40
- HD Hyundai Shipbuilding invests $47m in Estonian fuel cell for green maritime energy
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains after Fed comments
- Pentagon chief stresses US ability to tackle 'crises in multiple theaters'
- [Today’s K
- 윤 대통령 “중동 리스크 대응, 민생에 전력 다해야”